To quickly code your bank transactions you can:
- Match it to the corresponding invoice that will already be coded, or
- Use automated transaction coding rules
If you would prefer to manually code each transaction, continue reading below.
How to manually code a bank transaction
- Open the transaction and click on the Code button.
- Enter the Category and Extended Code.
- Enter a Description and/or Qty (optional).
NOTE: livestock and milk income transactions will require a quantity when coding.
- Enter the Line amount.
To split the transaction into multiple codes and amounts, click on the + Add new line button.
Continue coding the transaction until it balances.
- Click Save to return to the completed screen or Save and next to move to the next transaction on your list.
TIP: You can create a coding rule from within a transaction. Find out more
What about reconciling transactions?
Once a bank transaction has been coded or matched to an invoice, it is considered reconciled and moved into the Completed area.