If a transaction has been locked into a finalised GST return, you can edit it as long as:
- The amount of the transaction and coded lines remain the same
- The GST content for each coded line also stays the same
If you need to change the overall amount of the transaction, the GST content, or add additional coded lines, have a look at How to create a reversal transaction.
How to correct a coded transaction
- In the Actuals screen, go to the Completed tab.
- Select the view you want to use to locate the item. Transactions displays the whole transaction while Coded lines displays each item by code.
- Locate the transaction or coded line you want to edit.
TIP: Transactions and coded lines that have been included in a finalised GST return are indicated by the symbol to the left of the date.
- Allocate the correct code, while ensuring the GST type and overall amount remain the same.
- Click Save.