How to create a tax invoice
- In the Actuals screen, click on Create new (invoice).
- Select Money In.
Details that you should include on the tax invoice include:
- Invoice date and Payment due date
- Other party (contact)
- Your preferred bank account to receive payment
- A description of the goods or services supplied
- The total due amount
TIP: IRD has some really helpful information on when a tax invoice should be issued and what it must include.
Other parties (also known as contacts) can be created in Settings.
Preview and generate a tax invoice
- Click on the arrow next to Save.
- Select Save and Preview Tax Invoice.
- Click Continue.
If the tax invoice is ready to be sent to the contact, select Generate Tax Invoice.
A PDF version of the tax invoice will be downloaded and saved to your computer, ready to email, post etc.
IMPORTANT: Once you have generated and downloaded the tax invoice, the details within it cannot be changed. Instead, you will need to delete and re-create it.