What is a manual bank account?
If you import your bank transactions into Focus as a CSV or QIF file, you have a manual bank account.
TIP: If you are unsure you can check this in the settings - bank accounts screen.
How to balance a manual bank account.
You will be reminded when the balance needs to be entered with a notification displayed in the needs action screen.
- Click on the notification to be directed to the Balancing screen.
- Click on Enter Balance. A field will appear to enter your closing balance.
- Type in the closing balance from your bank statement or internet banking.
When your bank account is balanced
- The balance will show as a single figure in black text
- The Balanced up to here line will move up the page as shown below
NOTE: The closing balance only needs to be entered for the last day of the month. Focus will take care of the rest.