What is Matching?
By matching the transaction, Focus understands that all of the information within the invoice, belongs to the matched bank transaction.
Matching also moves both the invoice and the transaction from the Needs Action screen to Completed.
Match a coded Invoice to a bank transaction
- Open the bank transaction.
- Click Match:
Suggested matches will appear below the transaction.
- Select the invoice that matches the bank transaction.
- To finish, Click Save to return to the Needs Action screen, or Save and Next to move to the next transaction on your list.
- Click Unmatch if you have selected the wrong invoice.
- If your invoice is only part of the bank transaction total you can:
Click + Add new line to code the remainder of the transaction. Or, select additional invoices that are included in the bank transaction total.
Matching where the Invoice total differs from the Bank transaction total
This is common with Fonterra milk payments.
Deductions for Farm Source and DairyNZ levies are taken from the total milk payment before the income is received.
In the Needs Action screen: Open the Bank transaction for milk Income received.
- Click Code.
On the first line, enter:
- Total milk income before deductions.
- Code and extended code.
- Quantity kg/MS.
- Click +Add a new line.
Enter and code the DairyNZ Levy as it appears on your milk supply statement.
- Click Match.
Select the Pre-coded Farm Source statement from the Suggested Matches list.
- Save the transaction
The invoice and the bank transaction have now merged and can be found in the Completed screen.