- Download APS txt file from Reports - Export to General Ledger.
- Locate the txt file and rename the file extension from .txt to .csv.
- Click yes to the following message when you change the file extension.
- Open the csv file in Excel.
- Delete Column A.
- Row 1 displays the bank account number. You can either delete the row entirely or delete the text to prepare for inserting column headers.
TIP: If there are multiple bank accounts in the file, make sure these bank account lines are deleted also.
- Delete the final row in the file displayed as ‘X End of file’.
- Add column headers and re-organise the columns as highlighted below.
- In addition to Input, Output, and Exempt, APS has a tax type Nil. You can enter ‘E’ (exempt) into this field as well as in the Exempt field to pick up items with a GST type of ‘P’.
Do this in Settings - Codes - General Ledger Account Codes.
- The information entered into the CodeDescription column may be lost on importing. You may want to try displaying this information in the Comment column instead.