Sometimes you might code a transaction instead of matching it to the corresponding invoice.
This means the invoice will continue to stay in the Needs Action screen until it is matched to a bank transaction. This topic walks you through how to match your invoice and remove it from the Needs Action screen.
Before you start:
- The invoice must be fully coded
- If the transaction is in a finalised GST return, talk to our support team.
Otherwise, follow the steps below to enable you to match your invoice to the bank transaction.
Locate the bank transaction
- Go to the Completed screen.
- Change the view toggle to Transactions.
- Locate the transaction and hover to display three vertical dots.
Click View Transaction.
Edit the bank transaction
- Hover over a coded line to display three vertical dots.
- Select Delete line.
TIP: Each line in the transaction needs to be deleted before it can be matched to the invoice. This is because the invoice already contains all the purchase/sales information when it is imported into your farm business.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 until there are no more coded lines on the bank transaction.
Match the transaction to the invoice
- In the bank transactions, click on the Match button.
- Under Suggested Matches, locate and tick the invoice you want to match.
- Click Save.
The invoice and transaction have now been merged and sit in the Completed screen.