When you create a transaction coding rule, you can set it to be applied to the transaction from Needs Action.
In the image below there are three different transactions with their own coding rule that will be applied from Needs Action.
- The transaction for Jen Jersey will be coded to Wages
- The transaction for CRS Software will be coded to Computer & Software
- The transaction for The Bank will be coded to Bank Charges
They are each marked with a purple token so that you can easily identify that they are going to have a coding rule applied to them.
How to run coding rules from Needs Action
- Click on the Run coding rules button in the Bank transactions header.
NB: If there are no transactions that a coding rule can be applied to, this button is disabled.
2. Click Run to apply your rules against the applicable bank transactions.
If you haven't matched invoices to bank transactions first, we recommend you this before running the coding rules.
The transactions will be coded and you'll see a message in the bottom left of your screen confirming that they have been moved to the Completed page.