Your farm business could be unbalanced because:
- The opening balance entered for your farm business may be different to the actual opening balance
- There are duplicate transactions or transactions have been accidentally deleted
- There are un-coded transactions dated on or before the bank account balance date
- You have a manual bank account and need to enter a closing balance each month
- Go to Settings - Bank Accounts.
- Check the opening balance and the date shown against your bank statement.
- If the opening balance is incorrect, re-type the opening balance into the opening balance field.
Duplicate or deleted transactions
To delete duplicate transactions:
- Click the 3 vertical dots on the transaction line.
- Select Delete.
To restore deleted transactions:
- Click on the Deleted tab and locate the deleted transaction.
- Select the three vertical dots. Click Restore transaction.
- Click on the transaction line to code the transaction Once coded, the focus balance will update and the bank account will be balanced
Manual bank account
Check your bank to confirm the months closing balance.
- Type the balance into the Bank Balance field.
What else can cause an unbalanced account?
You may have created a transaction in Cash Manager Focus that doesn’t appear in your bank account. For example, you want to claim the GST for a business related item that was paid for from your personal account. These are called journal entries.
Rabobank All In One account.
Rabobank All In One accounts combine your everyday banking with loan facilities.
- The Bank balance displayed in the Focus balancing screen is fed directly into your farm business from Rabobank. This is a combined total including loan facilities
NOTE: You can manually adjust the bank account balance to exclude your loan facilities. Find out more
- The Focus balance refers to cash movement only. For more information please visit the Rabobank website