How to create an invoice
- In the Actuals - Needs Action screen, click on Create new (invoice).
- Money In for income
- Money out for withdrawals
1. Enter the following invoice details
- Invoice date (this determines the GST period)
- Due date (for your reference only)
- Other party (also known as contacts) these can be created in Settings.
- The bank account the transaction relates to
- The total due amount
2. Enter the transaction code details
- The code and extended code for the transaction
- A clear description for your reference
- Tags and quantities if applicable
- Line amount
TIP: You can break your transaction down by adding lines until the total amount is reached. To do this select +Add new line
3. Save the invoice
Click Save when you are finished coding. The invoice will then be showing in the Invoices area of your needs action screen.
What happens next?
Focus will recognise the invoice date and pull the coded lines into the correct GST period, despite not yet being matched to a bank transaction.
When the bank transaction arrives you will match the bank transaction to the pre-coded invoice. The bank transaction date will then reflect in your actual cashflow.
Find out more
Looking for something else?
The process above is for the purpose of allocating an invoice date when your GST is invoice basis. Looking for something else? The following links may be helpful: