You can create transaction coding rules from two areas in Focus:
- Settings - Codes - Bank transaction coding rules
Make sure you have a copy of your bank statement (paper or electronic) to refer to.
- Within the bank transaction itself (Recommended)
Information in the transaction such as the Other Party, Reference and coding information is automatically pulled into the coding rule for you.
Create a rule in Settings
In the settings screen:
- Click Codes.
- Select Bank transaction coding rules.
- Click Add new rule.
Create a rule from the bank transaction
- Click on the coding rule image in the top right of the transaction.
- Review the coding rule and click Save.
NB: If the Other Party, Reference and Particular fields contain information in the transaction, this will automatically appear in the coding rule.
This also applies for any coding lines that you have entered.