To import your Farmlands statement, you'll need to sign up for the free service.
Your statement is then automatically fed into your Actuals - Needs action screen, under the Invoices heading, by the 10th of each month.
How to code your Farmlands statement
Before the statement can be moved to the Completed section, each invoice line needs to be given a category and extended code.
- Open the statement sitting in the Invoice area of your Actuals - Needs action screen.
- Enter a code for each line.
- When you have finished coding, click Save at the bottom of your invoice.
- Set up Invoice coding rules to reduce the amount of time spent coding
- Use Bulk code and merge features to simplify your invoice coding
Match your Farmlands statement to the bank transaction
When the bank transaction that relates to the Farmlands statement arrives in Focus, you will match the transaction to the pre-coded Farmlands statement. Click here to find out more about matching.
Troubleshooting and FAQ’s
Here are some tips to help you on your way.
Is the total amount correct?
The Invoice amount should match the payment that was deducted from your bank account.
- Click the amount at the top of your Farmlands invoice to edit the invoice total
Do you have lines for items paid in-store?
Items that were purchased and paid for in-store it will appear on your statement and add up to the total amount. You can:
- Delete these lines if they are not needed, or
- Add a new line to show that personal funds were introduced to pay for the item.
TIP: Don’t forget to adjust your total amount when adding or removing lines.
Occasionally a Farmlands invoice will arrive in Focus missing a charge that shows on your statement.
- Click + Add new line to manually enter the missing information.
Deferred payment arrangements are between you and your supplier.
Because deferred expenses aren't necessarily classed as loans, you should check with your accountant whether you should claim GST based on the purchase date or payment date and ask how they would prefer your recorded these items in Focus For more information Click here.
If you have purchased an item and returned it to store for a refund, you may notice that it doesn't appear correctly within your statement and may have reduced the amount deducted from your bank . Please contact Farmlands for clarity about the charges and refunds against your account.
Restore a deleted Farmlands invoice
If you have you deleted a Farmlands invoice and want to restore it back to your Needs Action screen:
- Go to the Tax invoices tab of your Actuals screen:
- Click the switch to Show deleted.
The deleted Farmlands statement will be listed with any other deleted invoices.
- Hover over the invoice, select the 3 dots and click Restore.
The Farmlands statement will be restored to your needs action screen.